Submitting a Comment Can be Easy!
Our goal is to submit as many substantial, fact-based comments as possible. Please submit multiple comments between now and September 12!
Option #1: e-Comment
1. Click the e-Comment link:https://ferconline.ferc.gov/QuickComment.aspx
2. Enter Your Information. Include Name, Email address, and phone number (optional). Type the characters in the picture into the box provided. Click “Authorize”
3. Check Your Email. Look for the “FERC eComment Request” email. Ensure your email system does not block emails from ferc.gov; check “Junk” or “Spam” mail. In the email, click on the first link to display the “Submit eComment” screen.
4. Enter the Docket Number. Enter CP15-558-000, the PennEast pipeline docket number. Click “Search”. After a moment, the PennEast Application will appear in the search results. Click the blue “+” button to add it to your “Selected Dockets”.
5. Enter Your Comments. Enter your comments by typing directly onto the submission webpage, or Copy and Paste your comments from a Word or text document.
6. Send Your Comments. Simply click the “Submit” button and your comments will be sent to FERC.
Option #2: e-File a Comment (for Letters and Attachments)
e-Filing allows you to upload documents to the FERC PennEast docket. To e-File, you must be registered and have your FERC ID. If you do not, you can e-Register at: https://ferconline.ferc.gov/eRegistration.aspx
1. Click the e-File link to log-in with your ID.https://ferconline.ferc.gov/LogIn.aspx
2. Click the e-Filing link.
3. Enter Filing Type Information
• Click “General” in the first column.
• Click “Comment (on Filing…) in the second column.
• Click “Next”
4. Enter Docket # : Enter CP15-558-000
• Click “Search”
• Click “+” to Select
• Click “Next”
5. Submit your comments and, if applicable, upload supporting documents. Choose “File” (or “Browse”). Locate your folder with the file(s) you seek to upload (e.g. TXT file, Word .Doc or a .PDF; you can provide comments in a variety of formats; visit http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary/accept-file-formats.asp for details. )
• Click “Upload” to include your file(s)
• Click “Next”
6. Specify Filing Party.
• Click the “As an Individual” button
• Click “Next”
7. Enter your email address.
• Enter your email address (the one you used to register with FERC)
• Click “Add as Signer”
• Click “Next”, after you see your email address appear in the box at the bottom
8. Submit. Click “Submit” button. Your submission is now complete.
Option #3: Mail a Comment to the FERC PennEast Docket
We advise you submit your comments electronically, but if you are unable to, you may submit via mail. If so, we encourage you to mail by mid-August to ensure receipt and filing.
Nathaniel J. Davis, Sr., Deputy Secretary Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
888 First Street, NE, Room 1A Washington, DC 20426
Reminders for all comments submitted to FERC
In your comments, you should:
1. Demand that FERC withdraw the DEIS;
2. Ask FERC to extend the public comment period until a complete DEIS is
3. Point out specific problems in the DEIS, including assumptions, missing information, and issues that are either ignored or insufficiently addressed. You should raise as many different points in your comments as possible. Include detailed notes, specific data and unique stories about how you, your family, your community, and your property or business would be impacted by PennEast.
Finally, also be sure to attend at least one of the six FERC public hearings to show your opposition to PennEast.
Monday, August 15, 6-10pm – Penn’s Peak, 325 Maury Road, Jim Thorpe, PA, 18229
Monday, August 15, 6-10pm – Best Western Lehigh Valley & Conference Center, 300 Gateway Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18017
Tuesday, August 16, 6-10pm – Peddler’s Village (Lahaska and Neshaminy Rooms), Routes 202 & 263, Lahaska, PA 19831
Tuesday, August 16, 6-10pm – UPDATED LOCATION! Holiday Inn Clinton-Bridgewater, Hunterdon Ballroom, 111 W Main Street, Clinton, NJ 08809
Wednesday, Aug 17, 6-10pm – Best Western Genetti Hotel & Conference Center, 77 E Market Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
Wednesday, Aug 17, 6-10pm – UPDATED LOCATION! Patriots Theater at War Memorial, George Washington Ballroom, 1 Memorial Drive, Trenton, NJ 08608